In this issue of the Buckeye Weekly Podcast, Tom Orr and Tony Gerdeman recap Ohio State head coach Ryan Day’s thoughts at Wednesday’s Big Ten Media Day interview sessions. The fellas discuss the health of the team — including safety Lathan Ransom and what his role might be this year. Receiver Kam Babb and his story is also talked about. The show then turns from good news to not-so-great news as Ohio State’s recruiting on defense is discussed. Five-star safety Caleb Downs recently committed to Alabama, but that’s not the only reason for pessimism at the moment. Ryan Day answered some questions about the Buckeyes’ defensive recruiting, which Tony and Tom discuss, including the fact that defensive recruits don’t really have any visual proof of what they are being sold right now. Recruiting has not been great defensively over the last handful of cycles, but last year’s class may have changed things around quite a bit.
- Ryan Day provides a health report.
- Lathan Ransom is good to go, but where will he play?
- Are there only strong safeties on this team?
- Does it matter as much now that it’s no longer a single-high defense?
- Kam Babb’s return and why people should care and hopefully will care.
- Why is defensive recruiting lagging?
- Theory vs. testimony is not on OSU’s side right now.
- The lack of All-Big Ten players recruited from 2018-2020.
- How many All-Big Ten players will the Ohio State defense have this year?
- And more.
Ohio State Pro Day 2023 Notebook: CJ Stroud, Jaxon Smith-Njigba Solidified As QB1, WR1?
WATCH: Every throw from C.J. Stroud at Ohio State Pro Day
Eyes On The Trail: Big Time Prospects React To Ohio State Visits
Ryan Day Keeping His Mind On The Ohio State Offensive Line
It’s Back To Basics For Jack Sawyer
Tyleik Williams Is Ready To Dominate
Pair Of Ohio State Linemen Lose Black Stripes
A-Deck: Preview For Massive Ohio State Recruiting Weekend (March 24-26)