In this episode of the Buckeye Weekly Podcast, Tony Gerdeman and Tom Orr boldly predict what is going to happen in Saturday night’s Top 5 matchup between Notre Dame and Ohio State. The fellas go back and forth with their individual predictions, including some bickering as needed. Among the predictions are the following.
- CJ Stroud’s production.
- A surprise defensive touchdown.
- A big day for the Buckeye linebackers.
- A long day for a Notre Dame quarterback.
- A career day for a number of Buckeyes, and much, much more.
They have also opened up this competition to subscribers at BuckeyeHuddle.com as well. If you would like to participate, you can subscribe to Buckeye Huddle and find the contest rules there.
I could tell it was the first of the season. You let Tom off way too easy and not once did either of you choose the famous "17 to 34 yard line". It was talked about but, no one ventured into those troubled waters.
Good start for the year. My bold prediction of the year is as stated before...CJ Stroud throws for more than 5K and...rushes for 5 TD's. "That's a spicy meat ball"
1. An Ohio State Tight End will score his first career touchdown
2 A current or former walk-on will score their first TD
3. No ND running back will rush for >60 yards
4. The longest OSU punt return in 2021 was 23 yds. A Buckeye punt returner will have a return of greater than 23 yds on Saturday
5. JSN will not lead OSU in receiving yards on Saturday
6. Somebody that nobody has predicted as a starter will be on the field for the first OSU offensive or defensive play (ok, impossible to confirm, but it sounded good until I typed it). If Latham Ransom starts, I win this prediction. Let’s be real, nobody really expected him to even be ready to play at the start of the season.
And my almost laughably bold prediction:
CJ Stroud will keep on a zone read and have a 20+ yard run. Well maybe a little too specific. Let’s leave it at CJ Stroud will have at least 1 rushing attempt of 20 yards or more. Given that he had something like -20 yards total last year, that is at least a gazillion times better than last year on 1 run using Gerdeman math.
Eugene Brown Hits The Portal
Eyes On The Trail: Payton Pierce Visit Recap, The Recruit Who Showed Up In A Suit, And Tuesday Practice Visitors
Eyes on the Trail: Buckeyes put out more offers, another in-state tight end to watch
CJ Hicks Ready To Make Plays This Season For Buckeyes
Davison Igbinosun Finally Where He Always Wanted To Be
A-Deck: Previewing Another Huge Ohio State Recruiting Weekend
Which Buckeye Could Be On The Verge Of A Breakout?
Eyes On The Trail: Ohio State Now Leads For 2024 Target, Top Running Backs Arrive In Columbus