In his last full game, Ohio State wide receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba put up the single greatest performance in school history, with 15 catches for 347 yards and three touchdowns. However, he hasn’t been able to stay on the field for a complete 60 minutes since then.
Tuesday, Ohio State head coach Ryan Day provided an update on Smith-Njigba’s status, as well as a number of other big storylines leading in to this weekend’s big game in State College against Penn State.
Kevin Noon of BuckeyeHuddle.com joins host Tom Orr to discuss them all including:
- The challenge of playing in front of a hostile Beaver Stadium crowd
- How Day balances coaching CJ Stroud during games without overwhelming him with too much information
- The remarkable comeback season for Lathan Ransom, who was named a Thorpe Award semifinalist this week
- The status of defensive backs Josh Proctor and Cameron Brown, who missed the Iowa game
- The challenge posed by Penn State’s dynamic pair of cornerbacks
- Whether the Buckeyes script specific plays on offense at the start of the game
You can listen to today’s episode on Spreaker by clicking here, or search “Buckeye Huddle” to find it on other podcast platforms.
It’s also available on YouTube, or you can watch it in the embedded player below.
All that we ask is that you please leave us a rating and review on your podcast platform of choice. It only takes a few seconds and will help others find the show.
Check out BuckeyeHuddle.com to get all of the best Ohio State Buckeyes coverage. Our team of contributors will have you up-to-the-minute with recruiting, team coverage and so much more. Join the fastest-growing community in all of BuckeyeNation at BuckeyeHuddle.com
Buckeye Huddle shirts and more. Don’t miss out and support your favorite site by wearing the gear! https://lynbrookswag.com/collections/buckeye-huddle
🏈👕SHOP Ohio State gear on Fanatics: http://fanatics.93n6tx.net/WDk33J
Get Ohio State stuff on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3T51uJ2