Last year was arguably the most injury-riddled season in Ohio State football history. And certainly in recent history. Why were there so many injuries? What was the impact? And how do the numbers compare to previous years?
In this episode of the Buckeye Weekly Podcast, Tony Gerdeman and Tom Orr discuss last year’s injuries and the factors that may have led to them. There has been plenty of focus on the new turf field installed last summer, so the fellas discuss the type of turf that OSU put in last year and some of the concerns with it. They also look back at past years and find a disturbing trend that last season may not be able to be passed off as simply being “just one of those years.”
- Just how many games did starters miss last year?
- What’s the deal with the turf?
- The Buckeyes loved the turf in fall camp last year.
- What are the differences in the turfs?
- Does Ohio State look back on injuries each year to try and find trends or reasons?
- Looking back on past years where injuries were few and far between.
- So what happens if this is another year full of injuries?
- With the trends the way they are, should injuries be expected?