The Buckeyes are trending upwards for Faheem Delane, the nation’s top 2025 safety. What would this addition mean for the Ohio State recruiting class? In this episode of the Buckeye Weekly Podcast, Tom Orr and Tony Gerdeman discuss this development and talk about what is looking like an extraordinary class in the secondary.
The fellas also talk about a spring game announcement and why this could be the most anticipated spring game in Buckeye football history. There is also some Ryan Day discussion, among other things.
- Ohio State spring game tickets and costs. 0:01
- Tony and Tom discuss the ongoing uncertainty surrounding Bill O’Brien’s future as Ohio State football coach. Also tickets for the spring game going on sale Friday.
- Tony and Tom discuss the cost of attending Ohio State Spring Game, with tickets ranging from $10 to $37.
- The hosts mention the love of the game and the excitement surrounding the event, with Tom noting that the cost of running the stadium and entertaining 75-100,000 people is significant.
- Ohio State football spring game and ticket prices. 3:42
- Tony and Tom discuss the upcoming Ohio State spring game, with excitement around new players and potential for a warm and exciting weekend.
- Tony acknowledges the uncertainty around Devin Brown’s health after ankle surgery.
- Tony and Tom discuss the Ohio State spring game, with Tony expressing skepticism about the attendance due to the high ticket price and Tom agreeing that the weather will play a significant role in attendance.
- Tom suggests the spring game is a great opportunity for families with young children to attend a game without breaking the bank, as tickets are cheaper and the game’s importance is lessened.
- Orr argues that the spring game is similar to a minor league baseball game, allowing fans to have a fun day with their kids without worrying about remembering every play.
- Tony shares a personal story about attending a spring game as a kid and the excitement of winning tickets on the radio.
- Tom discusses the affordability of Ohio State football tickets, particularly for the spring game, and the option to treat oneself to more expensive seats.
- Ohio State’s secondary recruitment. 17:03
- Tony and Tom discuss Ohio State football recruiting.
- Ohio State’s secondary class is shaping up to be one of the best in the country with several top commits and contenders.
- Tom discusses Ohio State’s secondary recruitment, highlighting their potential to land multiple top-10 corners and safeties.
- Ohio State football recruiting and class rankings. 22:43
- Tom and Tony discuss Ohio State’s strong recruiting class, particularly in the secondary, with several top-ranked players committed or considering the school.
- The class is compared to the 2017 and 2008 classes, with similar depth and talent levels, and the potential for another strong class with the defensive line and quarterback commitments.
- Tony and Tom discuss the Ohio State football team’s recruitment of wide receivers, with a focus on the 2020 and 2021 classes.
- The duo also discusses the cornerback room, noting that three years in a row, players have transferred to LSU due to a lack of playing time at Ohio State.