Buckeye Weekly Podcast: 14 Bold Predictions For Ohio State Vs. Notre Dame

In this episode of the Buckeye Weekly Podcast, Tony Gerdeman and Tom Orr boldly predict what is going to happen in Saturday night’s Top 5 matchup between Notre Dame and Ohio State. The fellas go back and forth with their individual predictions, including some bickering as needed. Among the predictions are the following. CJ Stroud’s...

See full article...

wayne

Premium member
Jul 28, 2022
Tony,

I could tell it was the first of the season. You let Tom off way too easy and not once did either of you choose the famous "17 to 34 yard line". It was talked about but, no one ventured into those troubled waters.

Good start for the year. My bold prediction of the year is as stated before...CJ Stroud throws for more than 5K and...rushes for 5 TD's. "That's a spicy meat ball"

Upvote 0

TXBucki

Premium member
Aug 19, 2022
My very BOLD predictions (or at least bolder than Tony):

1. An Ohio State Tight End will score his first career touchdown
2 A current or former walk-on will score their first TD
3. No ND running back will rush for >60 yards
4. The longest OSU punt return in 2021 was 23 yds. A Buckeye punt returner will have a return of greater than 23 yds on Saturday
5. JSN will not lead OSU in receiving yards on Saturday
6. Somebody that nobody has predicted as a starter will be on the field for the first OSU offensive or defensive play (ok, impossible to confirm, but it sounded good until I typed it). If Latham Ransom starts, I win this prediction. Let’s be real, nobody really expected him to even be ready to play at the start of the season.

And my almost laughably bold prediction:

CJ Stroud will keep on a zone read and have a 20+ yard run. Well maybe a little too specific. Let’s leave it at CJ Stroud will have at least 1 rushing attempt of 20 yards or more. Given that he had something like -20 yards total last year, that is at least a gazillion times better than last year on 1 run using Gerdeman math.

Upvote 0

Subscribe Today!

Become a premium member of the huddle today and get access to exclusive content!

Subscribe Now!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gobucks2709