Does Ohio State’s Defense Need Change Or Continuity?

For the third season in a row, Ohio State’s defense was the biggest obstacle standing between the Buckeyes and a national championship. So are more major staff changes needed, or is continuity going to be key for the OSU defense heading into 2023? Marcus Hartman of the Dayton Daily News just wrote an interesting look...

See full article...

Reactions: Luckybuck82

Buckeyecty4

Premium member
Jul 24, 2022
They need Eliano coaching cbs and elite safeties coach
That would seem to make most sense since you would think Perry would kill it on recruiting trail given how Sauce has become the next big thing at CB in the league.

That being said if he’s a great coach and recruiter and safety is the big position in Knowles defense then it made sense to put him there

Upvote 0

Luckybuck82

Premium member
  • Sep 4, 2022
    jewett city
    For the third season in a row, Ohio State’s defense was the biggest obstacle standing between the Buckeyes and a national championship. So are more major staff changes needed, or is continuity going to be key for the OSU defense heading into 2023? Marcus Hartman of the Dayton Daily News just wrote an interesting look...

See full article...
    Tom you have been in the business a long time and are well seasoned. I think for me at least lately we are missing out on some heavy hitters its not from are lack of effort but it seems like are nil situation may be hurting us from landing some of these big fish.

Upvote 0

OSUBucks0214

Nov 7, 2022
    That would seem to make most sense since you would think Perry would kill it on recruiting trail given how Sauce has become the next big thing at CB in the league.

That being said if he’s a great coach and recruiter and safety is the big position in Knowles defense then it made sense to put him there
    Personally, I like Eliano, but Sauce and Bryant both had their breakouts under Mike Mickens. I'm glad the success carried over under Eliano but I'd always prefer the guy who started the process to be the one the Buckeyes hire. This was not the case. That said, I'm all for moving him over to CBs but doesn't make a lot of sense to leave him with safeties given how bad the latter half of the season was in that room.

Upvote 0